Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Extracting expert info using tshark

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:15:43 +0100

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Martin Mathieson <
martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com> wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to be able to extract the information that Wireshark shows in the
'Expert Info Composite' window using tshark, i.e. list each category (error,
warning, note, chat) as a separate section - not sure if I'd want to sort
them within the section or just leave it chronological...

It doesn't look like it would be straightforward to script this... would
adding an option such as -z expert_info,stat be the best way to implement
this?

Thanks,
Martin

I did implement this as a tap and will submit it tomorrow if I have time.
Martin