Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Reassembling Packets need some help plz

From: Richard van der Hoff <richard () sw1v org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:18:33 +0100

Hi Marcel,

I did some work on those reassembly routines a few years ago, but I can only really repeat what Chris has said and encourage you to stick with it. I think you're doing the right thing with fragment_add_seq_check, so I'm not sure why it's always returning a NULL fragment_data. The main thing I would suggest would be to step through it with a debugger, and see whether its behaviour matches the comments.

I certainly wouldn't rule out a bug in the reassembly routines, but I think that what you're doing is sufficiently standard that it's unlikely you've found an edge-case.