Wireshark mailing list archives

LUA plugin search path

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:24:54 +0200

Hi,
I recently had to troubleshoot a colleges Wireshark problem(Windows). He got unexpected dissection of a USER_DLT even
though it was defined to a specific protocol it got dissected as a different one
Not present in Wireshark. Looking in enabled protocols this protocol was present there as well. After much scratching
of heads we disabled LUA and the problem disappeared.
Further analysis revealed that he had a network drive H: mounted for his Unix account and there in .wireshark a .lua
file lurked.
Should Wireshark realy pick up files from there?

Regards
Anders