Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: The provenance of the phrase "Sniffing the glue that holds the internet together

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:56:02 -0400

On Apr 6, 2012, at 2:04 PM, Richard Sharpe wrote:

Hi folks,

Someone is asserting that I first said that back in June 02, 2001 and
17:43:08+0900.

Certainly there is an email thred to that effetc from back then, but
my recollection is that I saw it somewhere else and simply repeated
it.

Does anyone know where it first came from? Was it already on the
Ethereal web site back then already?