Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Packet Loss due to Disk Contention with Running Dumpcap in a high packet rate environment

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:42:43 -0500

Hi John,

If you don't need the entire payload of every packet (for example, if
the signalling you care about is always within the first n bytes of
the header of a packet), then you can use the -s option to write only
the first n bytes of each packet to disk.

Otherwise, you've listed all of the other things I was going to suggest.

Hope this helps,
Evan