Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Canaries in Wmem

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:20:09 -0800

On 12/21/12 7:54 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
Fair enough. The fuzz-bot (I believe) runs on Linux at the moment, so
it could theoretically be fuzzing under valgrind. Gerald, do you know
off the top of your head if that would be feasible in terms of
performance?

I'll have to do some testing to see how much CPU and memory a Valgrind
pass takes but it should be feasible. I just received to more servers
intended to upgrade the Wireshark NMS and to help spread the buildbot
load so I don't see why we couldn't add a Valgrind step.