Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: about plugin dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:20:53 +0100

Hi,

That is a bad line, it should state: "Examples of these files
can be found in plugins/gryphon".

For the rest, make sure to replace
ALL references to foo in these files with references to your dissector.

Thanks,
Jaap

On 2012-12-27 04:45, Danniel_zeng wrote:

Hi all ,

I follow the development guide to make a plugin dissector .I copy all
the codes from Example 9.1,Example 9.2 and Example 9.3.
then ,there
are some files i need to modify and use:
Makefile.am - This is the
UNIX/Linux makefile template
Makefile.common - This contains the file
names of this plugin
Makefile.nmake - This contains the Wireshark
plugin makefile for Windows
moduleinfo.h - This contains plugin
version info
moduleinfo.nmake - This contains DLL version info for
Windows
packet-foo.c - This is your dissector source
plugin.rc.in
- This contains the DLL resource template for Windows

it said

"You can find a good example for these files in the interlink plugin
directory"

But i can't find the interlink plugin directory ,so i
copy these files from pl uginsm2m ,and replace the m2m->foo,M2M->FOO.

then i use"nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean" & "nmake -f Makefile.nmake
all" in order to establish the .dll file .
Then it failed with :

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'packet-foo.obj'

Stop.

So what should i do to deal with it ?
Thanks!

Links: