Wireshark mailing list archives

Windows 2003 Server

From: Jim Hurley <jimhurle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:22:37 -0500

Hello,

I installed the latest version of Wireshark onto a server running Windows
2003 Server. The installation went fine, and Win PCap 4.2 installed fine as
well.

I launched Wireshark and started capturing traffic, no filters, just a ring
buffer with 20 files each of 30 megabytes. After a period of time (1 hour
maybe 2) I get an error from the OS saying that Visual C++ has asked to
terminate in an unusual way.

Does anyone know what could be causing this???

Jim