Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 46431: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-afs.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:44:35 -0800

On Dec 6, 2012, at 3:34 PM, Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com> wrote:

On 12/6/2012 6:19 PM, guy () wireshark org wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=46431

User: guy
Date: 2012/12/06 03:19 PM

Log:
 Squelch some -Wshadow warnings (inappropriate warnings - they're just
 names in a prototype declaration - but maybe that's what you get with
 older compilers).

A grep suggests there are a fair number of files which would need to be fixed, so I chose to revert enabling -Wshadow
as the default.

Hmm.  Maybe the test for "can I enable -Wshadow" should be "does the compiler support it *and* does it complain about
names in prototype declarations shadowing variables?", not just "does the compiler support it?"

I've backed out my change.