Wireshark mailing list archives

regarding ppi frames

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:20:33 -0500

hi,
I am using wireshark on linux ( ubuntu), and I want to write a custom
ieee80211 parser for a router machine where Wireshark cannot be installed
(obvious reasons) .
Going through Wireshark code, there is no call to  dissect_ieee80211_ht()
function.
How does wireshark find n packets ? the is_ht variable is also never used.

I have seen the runtime call graph and dissect_80211_common is called,
while there is no use of capture_80211..() code, then why is it present ?
Can someone please explain ?
Also, I don't find any option to use PPI format in linux ? Can it be used
for getting the information easily ?

Abhinav Narain