Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Problems with r40742

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:03:16 -0700

---- On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:47:52 -0700 Jeff Morriss  wrote ----

Looks like FreeBSD provides a timezone() function which they admit[1] is
not POSIX compliant[2]. And their time.h[3] doesn't seem to have any
kind of variable that gives the same functionality...

I guess what's needed is to:
- check for the variable at configure time
- if we don't have it, call localtime() to get a struct tm, and pull the
timezone offset out of there

Maybe the first step can just be skipped for simplicity, though. I'll
try to get to that tonight unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks.  The description of localtime in your references and on Microsoft's site say that the timezone/_timezone
variable is affected by the TZ variable.  Would the timezone from struct tm (tm_gmtoff?) behave in the same way (or
does it need to?  I haven't looked at the surrounding code much).