Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Windows build environment

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:19:01 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:23:21AM -0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

I've also wondered about moving on from nmake and converting to
MSBuild.  This is only usable from VS2008 or later though.  Any thoughts
on
that?

If we do so, can we continue to have lists of source files in
Makefile.common,
rather than, say, having to duplicate such a list in other files (which
developers might forget to do)?  Or, at least, can we automatically
generate
the relevant MSBuild files from files such as Makefile.common?

Although I haven't investigated I would expect MSBuild to be able to absorb
such input and make it useable, either directly or by a task to generate the
required file.

As an alternative: How about making building with cmake work for Windows?
After that, maybe the following article has some clues:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1459482/how-to-use-cmake-for-non-interactive-build-on-windows

I'm willing to support anyone who is willing to tackle this, it's just that
I don't have a Windows system to do this on my own.

Ciao
    Joerg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>