Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 40321: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: base64.h epan.h epan_dissect.h ex-opt.h prefs.h strutil.h timestamp.h tvbuff.h /trunk/gtk/: recent.h /trunk/: airpcap_loader.h capture-pcap-util.h capture-wpcap.h capture.h ...

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 02:05:28 -0800

On Jan 1, 2012, at 3:06 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

OK, a more general question:
As it looks like we will soon have a second "full blown" ui (tshark isn't
interactive, so I don't count this), how about
- reorganizing the filesystem into something like:
 ui/                  <- common ui stuff if it exists

It doesn't directly present a UI, but file.c is for use by UI code for all interactive flavors of Wireshark (GTK+, Qt,
any other GUI toolkit if anybody ever does one, {n}curses if anybody ever does one).  There are some other files that
would be in the "common to all interactive flavors of Wireshark" category, such as alert_box.c.

Some header files would also go there, e.g. simple_dialog.h.