Wireshark mailing list archives

idl2wrs generation of display filters

From: mmann78 () netscape net
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

I was running checkfiltername.pl and discovered that the idl2wrs generated dissectors don't follow the convention of
using the filter name registered with the protocol as the start of any display filter name.  Was this just an
oversight, or was it intentional?

I believe the attached patch will fix the problem, but I don't know the first thing about the idl2wrs generation or how
to regenerate the necessary dissector files, so  I thought I'd send it out for comment.