Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: crash in libgcrypt-11.dll on Win7 with nightly build and 1.6.6

From: Deny IP Any Any <denyipanyany () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:23:20 -0400

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:
On 3/28/12 10:06 AM, Deny IP Any Any wrote:
I had a copy of Wireshark 1.6.2 installed and working for a long time.
Today I upgraded to 1.6.6; now, Wireshark crashes when it launches.
The latest nightly rebuild also crashes when it loads, in the same
module. It appears to be complaining about libgcrypt-11, but I'm not a
programmer.

I can confirm that this happens on 64-bit Windows if you have SSL
decryption keys configured. Can you try renaming
%APPDATA%\Wireshark\ssl_keys temporarily?

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org

Yup, that was it; once I renamed that file Wireshark now starts fine.

--
deny ip any any (4393649193 matches)