Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Data not getting formatted for custom columns added

From: Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:46:59 +0100

Thus wrote ashish goel (ashish.kumar.goel1 () gmail com):

I have defined some custom columns through preferences -> Columns. and I
want the data of these columns to be formatted as strings not raw bytes.
I have used VALS() function in my dissector code while registering fields
and it is working fine in the packet details window but in the columns the
data is not formatted.

have a look at packet-dvbci.c, search for val_to_str_const() and
col_add_str()

is this what you need?