Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: fuzz failures not generating bugs

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:50:29 -0800

On 11/30/12 12:01 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

Assuming that the conversion script mentioned in

https://bugzillaupdate.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/bugzilla-4-0-has-a-new-default-status-workflow/

will be run, it appears that the changes in the current status values
will be as follows:

“NEW” will become “CONFIRMED”
“ASSIGNED” will become “IN_PROGRESS”
“REOPENED” will become “CONFIRMED” (and the “REOPENED” status will be
removed)
“CLOSED” will become “VERIFIED” (and the “CLOSED” status will be removed)

That's correct.

Also, I'm guessing that, after the update, the initial status of a bug
will now be "CONFIRMED" (which corresponds with our current initial
status of "New").

Or: will we now start with "UNCONFIRMED" ?

UNCONFIRMED has to be enabled in the configuration, otherwise the
initial status is CONFIRMED.

That being said, I can imagine that starting with "Confirmed" might
cause some puzzlement from those used to seeing "NEW" as the initial
status.

Would UNCONFIRMED be less confusing than CONFIRMED?