Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Message Analyzer ...

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:13:08 -0700

On Sep 18, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

at SDC 2012 I saw a demo of the Beta of Microsoft Message Analyzer.

        http://blogs.technet.com/b/messageanalyzer/

http://blogs.technet.com/b/messageanalyzer/archive/2012/09/17/meet-the-successor-to-microsoft-network-monitor.aspx

This is the "follow-on" to NetMon.

I was wondering why there hadn't been any NetMon updates recently.

I saw something that can capture packets and much more and display
correlated info.

One particularly interesting demo was of it reading in a pcap file and
a Samba log file, parsing them both and correlating the records using
time, so you could see the network traffic and the Samba logged events
one after another.

Of course, we could write a hand-written parser for Samba Log files
... however, this was pretty much all auto generated.