Wireshark mailing list archives

Interested In Gsoc 2013 project "A dual project: a JSON message based interface to epan (Wireshark's dissection core), and a Javascript Browser App to control it. "

From: Harsh Chhabra <harshit080 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 03:07:51 +0530

Hi,
I am Harsh Chhabra 3rd year student of Information technology from Guru
Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi(India), I have seen your
Proposed Idea list for Gsoc 2013 and I am interested in project
*"A dual project: a JSON message based interface to epan (Wireshark's
dissection core), and a Javascript Browser App to control it. " *As it
requires Intermediate level of C, and java script and a web based project.

About me:
I have good knowledge of C/C++,java along with the data structures and
algorithms,regular participant of online coding contest. I did 2 month
internship in Futor Services Pvt. Ltd. at futor.com last year,where i have
solved most challenging problem of rendering mathematics on web from
Microsoft document to database to web and wrote many java codes to
populates huge Databse.
I have created more than 10 web apps for* Blackberry app world* using a
good level of* Javascript,Html5 and Css *and many web apps for *Nokia app
store*.So it seems the above mentioned project will be suitable for me and
i am very interested in contributing the same.I want to discuss this
project in details like what exactly you want on web to wireshark ? and
what kind of functionality to control it ? so can appreciate mentor( *
LuisOntanon* As mentioned) discuss this project with me .

Thanks
Harsh Chhbara