Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 47393: /trunk/ui/qt/ /trunk/ui/qt/: QtShark.pro

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:36:54 -0700

On 4/22/13 12:21 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:54:14PM +0000, gerald () wireshark org wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=47393

User: gerald
Date: 2013/01/31 10:54 AM

Log:
 Use the name "Wireshark" instead of "qtshark" on OS X.

Directory: /trunk/ui/qt/
  Changes    Path           Action
  +6 -1      QtShark.pro    Modified

What is the motivation?
Does that mean we can't build and use the qt and gtk versions simultanously
any more on OS X?

The motivation is to have an application called "Wireshark". If I build
Wireshark using qmake or Qt Creator on OS X I get an application bundle
named "Wireshark.app". This doesn't affect the GTK+ executable. We
should probably modify autotools and/or CMake create app bundles as well.