Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 47214: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: prefs.c prefs.h /trunk/ui/gtk/: gui_utils.c gui_utils.h layouts.h main.c packet_list.c packet_list.h packet_panes.c packet_panes.h packet_win.c prefs_gui.c prefs_layout.c ...

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:16:20 -0700

On Apr 24, 2013, at 1:11 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

On my laptop this moves the vertical scrollbars to the left. It seems
really odd to have a setting for this in a single application instead of
system-wide.

It *is* really odd to do that.  We shouldn't offer application-specific preference settings for preferences that would
apply to all apps, especially if there's a GUI way to control them globally.