Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Windows 8 Mobile Broadband interface model interface types

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:13:11 -0700

On Apr 28, 2013, at 8:32 AM, Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com> wrote:

... (this will likely involve adding a new linktype to the official list [2]).

Once that is done we can add a dissector to Wireshark for the framing
protocol,

...both of which will be necessary only if they do something different from the "add a fake Ethernet header with
special Ethertypes for PPP packets" hack that they've done in the past for PPP; we already dissect that.