Wireshark mailing list archives

thoughts of GSoC 2013 project --New Export Objects

From: 杨治 <yzdedream () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 03:01:36 +0800

Hello guys,

         I'm a second year undergraduate student majoring in software
engineering. Got interested in this "New Export Objects" project. I'm just
 wondering if I get it right.

        The program is to extract objects from application-layer messages,
provided by wireshark  interface, from memory or from disk, and then make
those fragmentized objects in one piece.

        We need to find the header information to get the file name and the
size. The process is varied on different protocols.

        p.s. I've seen another mail on the list asking about the type of
the objects. I don't think this program should pay much attention to the
file type. In most condition the type should be already announced in file
name, and the program should be able to extract the objects regardless of
the type of them.

Best,

Kelvin Yang