Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Copy Hex from a follow TCP stream

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:04:28 -0700

On Aug 19, 2013, at 12:21 PM, "FRANCIS PROVENCHER" <FRANCIS.PROVENCHER () msp gouv qc ca> wrote:

I want to extract an exe from a TCP Stream.

What protocol is being used to transfer the executable file?  Some protocols are supported by the "Export Objects" menu
item (HTTP and SMB), so you might be able to use that.  (If not, we should consider adding "Export Objects" support for
whatever protocol is being used.)