Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:23:03 +0100

Hi dev,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

On 2/15/13 11:37 AM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
On Feb 15, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

A combination of Sparkle, WinSparkle, or Fervor might do what we need:

http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/
http://winsparkle.org/
https://github.com/pypt/fervor

Excellent!  I figured the underlying component must have already been
available somewhere as a library, but my google search strings were too
weak apparently. :)

Right, so maybe Project-A and Project-B could be done together as one
GSoC project.

As it turns out, getting WinSparkle up and running was pretty easy. I'm
going to try to have automatic updates for Win32 and possibly Win64 in
place for the 1.9.0 release.

Nice !
It is was my internal TODO list to add a "Check Update" feature to Qtshark

About GSOC 2013, May be add a Wiki page (
http://wiki.wireshark.org/GSOC_2013 ?)  with all idea ?

Regards,