Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Reducing Autotools verbosity

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:59:52 -0800

On Feb 1, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

Would anyone object to enabling silent build rules by default in
configure.ac (line 691)? It drastically reduces the amount of output
during compilation.

...if the Makefile.am files were processed by a sufficiently recent version of automake?

It's not doing anything for me, and I'm not seeing, for example, any --enable-silent-builds support in the configure
script using automake 1.10.