Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Some quick Bugzilla statistics

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 22:29:39 +0100

On 01/05/2013 10:02 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Christopher Maynard
<Christopher.Maynard () gtech com> wrote:
Bill Meier <wmeier@...> writes:

On 1/5/2013 1:30 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
I've been playing with some of the bugzilla statistics tools recently,
and I am pleased to discover that despite a record number of reported
bugs in 2012, we managed to shrink the backlog by 26 bugs.

My raw data:

Year - Created - Resolved
2012 - 1449 - 1475
2011 - 1165 - 1104
2010 - 1170 - 1239
2009 - 1201 - 1016
2008 - 1014 - 935
2007 - 863 - 805

(If someone with greated bugzilla-foo wants to provide more accurate
numbers please feel free).

Cheers,
Evan

On that note: Another interesting stat: A record year for commits

Commits to svn trunk

1998       136
1999      1247
2000      1383
2001      1652
2002      2332
2003      2660
2004      3262
2005      3945
2006      3138
2007      3661
2008      3043
2009      4011
2010      3475
2011      4602
2012      5851

Bill

On that note: Another interesting stat: A record low for messages posted to both
the wireshark-users and wireshark-dev mailing lists.  I'm not sure what to make
of that, but I'm guessing that the drop is at least somewhat due to users and
developers asking questions on ask.wireshark.org instead of through the mailing
lists.  Hopefully it's not indicative of something else, such as a declining
interest in Wireshark.

YEAR      -users      -dev      -commits      -bugs      -announce
2012      946         2671      8211          10457      22
2011      1406        4017      5417          8626       25
2010      2911        3918      4004          7833       22
2009      2974        4178      4375          6273       17
2008      3339        3939      3260          6072       14
2007      2529        5667      3796          4759       11
2006      1255        2969      2073          1563       9

Any ask.wireshark.org stats?

None that appear to be publicly accessible.

For what it's worth, ask.wireshark.org went online in September 2010,
which does line up with the drop in volume on -users and -dev.

Tangentially, is it perhaps worth closing -users in order to
consolidate all support into the ask site?

Evan

- Chris