Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Malformed Packet

From: "Ewgenij Sokolovski" <ewgenijkkg () gmx de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:51:23 +0100

I like having malformed in the protocol tree, or at least I like to be
able
to use the 'malformed' filter.
Note that it is also added hidden when malformed is used as a type of
expert info.

I think "malformed" is OK if there is an explanation, what "malformed" in the particular case means. The packet is
malformed indeed and it's good for error search and hierarchical structure of reporting:) But without an explanation
the user is quite confused...

So, should I submit an appropriate bug report to bugzilla?

BR
Ewgenij