Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: OSX 32-bit build on 10.5.x (Leopard) no longer supported?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:46:27 -0700

On Jul 9, 2013, at 2:37 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Jul 8, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to break the dependency circle between GLib 2.16.3 and pkg-config 0.28; it
may involve going with an older version of pkg-config if building for a Leopard target.

OK, I've checked in, and backported to 1.10 and 1.8, some changes to:

      add a "-t" flag to macosx-setup.sh, to set the target release for which to build (e.g., "10.5", "10.6", etc.) -
that will cause it to build the support libraries against the SDK for that release and build them with a
-mmacosx-version-min option specifying that release, and, for a target of 10.5, also causes it to build everything
32-bit;

BTW, if anybody's curious, I broke the dependency circle by

        1) building and installing pkg-config first

and

        2) when configuring it, configuring it to use its built-in version of GLib rather than looking for an installed
GLib

which also let me get rid of some other crud in the script.