Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to customized FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 11:52:05 -0400

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Fabio Tarabelloni
<fabio.tarabelloni () reloc it> wrote:
I can't use BASE_CUSTOM with FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME field because the compiler
returns this error:
 Err  Field 'UTC Time' has a 'strings' value but is of type FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME
(which is not allowed to have strings)

So I think I have to set a FT_UINT32 with BASE_CUSTOM and decode function
but I don't know how to disply UTC string like Jan  1, 1970
00:59:59.000000000.
Is there a wireshark function makes that?

There are a number of time-related functions in epan/to_str.[c|h]
though I'm afraid I'm not sure which one of them you need.

Evan