Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Misaligned columns in hex dump pane with Wireshark 1.10.0rc2 and GTK+ 2.12.0

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 23:51:58 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 10:28:39PM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 10:06:05PM +0200, Reinhard Speyerer wrote:
I noticed today that columns in the hex dump pane are misaligned when
using wireshark 1.10.0rc2 built with the following configuration

[...]

In my preferences I use the default font (Monospace 10).

Has anybody else also observed this behaviour?

On not monospaced fonts, yes, still this is new for monospace one.
Can you try some other fixed width font?

I had once patch to force "alignment" of hexdump for all fonts,
I'll try to find it.

Ok, found it. Can you try attached patch?