Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Delta Time (conversation)

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:37:22 +0200

On 6 jun 2013, at 02:51, vincent paul wrote:

I used Wireshark 1.10. I setup a column to display "delta time (conversation)", and check "Calculate conversation
timestamps";  But nothing shows up in the column.  Do I need to check something more to see "delta time
(conversation)".

There seems to be a bug indeed. The standard column "delta time (conversation)" is not being filled in. However, if you
create a custom column with the field tcp.time_delta, it does work. Since conversation timestamps have only been
implemented for IP, there is no difference in the output (this may change in the future when other protocols start
using conversation timestamps).

I'll look into this, thanks for reporting.

Cheers,
Sake