Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RFC: USBPcap

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:14:00 +0100

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Tomasz Moń <desowin () gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Max Baker <max () warped org> wrote:
I will be very interested in trying this.   I assume this will only work on
Windows 7, right?

I have updated the README with instructions on how to compile it for Windows 8.

USBPcap can be compiled for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and
Windows 8. It was tested and is known to work on Windows 7 and Windows
8.

Just a quick follow-up: I have tested it on Windows XP and noticed
that the installation process takes so long that I changed the way the
filter driver is installed.
It is now confirmed to work on Windows XP as well as on Windows 7 and 8.

As a bonus point the installation is now much faster and removal is
fairly easy now.