Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: tshark option for reassembled fragment output

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 19:22:11 +0000 (UTC)

Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@...> writes:

I think there is a difference between displaying the packets matching the
filter
and saving the packets matching the filter to another pcap file.  In the former
case, Wireshark does not display packets that don't match the display filter;
I think tshark should behave the same way.

Only when you save packets off to another pcap file do the dependencies also
get
saved using Wireshark.  That's what I think tshark should do here as well.

And speaking of tshark behaving like Wireshark, should we dispense with the -2
option and make a two-pass analysis the default?  We could add a -1 option to
make tshark behave as it does today.