Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Bluetooth coloring rules

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:24:29 -0700

On May 1, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

Traditionally the default colorfilters file contained a minimal set of
rules focused on general troubleshooting. A case could be made to add
rules for WiFi, storage, telephony, and other types of traffic but we
haven't done so mainly because it would make the default rule set
unmanageable.

...and there's no way that we'll ever have a set of coloring rules that will be right for *everybody*, so it should be
our expectation that a significant number of users will *not* use the default set without changes.