Wireshark mailing list archives

tshark http -e options

From: Chris Datfung <chris.datfung () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 23:39:02 +0300

Hi,

I want to use tshark to capture http requests and responses. I have having
difficulty getting POST bodies and the HTML response body to appear. I'm
using the following command:

tshark -R "http.response or http.request" -T fields -E separator="|" -e
frame.time_epoch -e ip.src -e tcp.srcport -e ip.dst -e tcp.dstport -e
http.request.version -e http.request.method -e http.request -e http.host -e
http.request.uri -e http.user_agent -e http.response.code -e
http.content_type -e http.content_length -e http.location -e http.referer
-e http.response.body

Is there a URL that shows all possible -e flags? Can someone suggest how I
can print a pipe deliminated output of the entire http request and response
pair?

Thanks,
Chris