Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: installation problem in Linux

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 07:48:30 -0700

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

On 10 May 2013 11:01, Engr Muhammad Tahir Fattani <tahirfattani () gmail com>
wrote:

Hey,

I need a link for installation of Wireshark on to my system which is Linux
based.

Please send me link where should i got the version for Linux Operating
system.

Please help me in this regard

M Tahir

Not really a dev question, but if you go to the Wireshark Download page and
click on the third-party package link
(http://www.wireshark.org/download.html#thirdparty) you'll see a list for
various forms of Linux (and other OS's).  Hopefully your distribution will
be listed there.

And most Linux distributions package Wireshark so that you can simply
install it with yum or apt-get or whatever.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe