Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:45:48 +0100

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:42:27PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
I have a fix for the zlib issue, not sure if it's acceptable though. In
CMakeLists.txt, epan\CMakeLists.txt and wiretap\CMakeLists.txt, add
"include_directories(BEFORE ${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS})" before the first
"add_executable" or "add_library" instruction.  This forces the zlib
include dir to the front of all subsequent compiles for the generator.

I tried all sorts of ways to get zlib to the front but it appears the VS
solution generator will always sort the includes alphabetically unless
there is a BEFORE option.  I'd hoped to do this in the FindZLib.cmake
module but the incantations are beyond me.

I've started testing your patches with my nmake setup and decided to start
with zlib. As it is still compiling I will only see the results after
getting up again.

While I think that this particular problem should be fixed on the package
side (too), we can expect to see some sort of problem of this type from
time to time so I will do some additional experiments to get this into
FindZLIB if possible.

Comments on the remaining patches will follow - but they take time to test
and I will have to understand some of them first.

Ciao
    Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>