Wireshark mailing list archives

protocol decode API

From: Navneet Agarwal <navneetagarwal () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:23:51 +0530

Hello:
I am new to wireshark and its development environment. I would like to write a program in Linux/Windows (in C) and use
the wireshark sdk to decode packets (such as CIP, profinet). Can I build wireshark as a library and call protocol
decode APIs? Does wireshark provide protocol decode APIs for C programs to use? Will appreciate any help. I am going
thru the user guilde but could not find any direct info but could be missing.

Thx

Regards,
Navneet
PS: I am not subscribed to the wireshark-dev alias for now.