Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: please help

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:28:58 +0200

Hello Kaushik,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 01:00:35PM +0530, Ned Stark wrote:
I am new to Open source coding.I have a fair grip on c,libpcap library and
some packet capturing and I am very interested in network analysis and I
would love to contribute to Wireshark. Can anyone please tell me about
where to start.

It really depends on that you want to do, the only common thing is to look
at the WSDG (Wireshark Developers Guide) and the READMEs in doc/ and of
course to compile Wireshark yourself. Once you are there you need to decide
where to go next - enhance an existing protocol, add a new protocol, work
on one of the GUIs etc. In case you you have only a rough idea of what you
want to do, just ask again.

Thanks in advance.And pardon me if the question is naive.

Don't worry, it isn't - feel free to continue asking!

Ciao
   Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>