Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Tshark: Using Profiles?

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 20:40:22 +0000 (UTC)

Sean Lee <seanlee303@...> writes:

The folder "/usr/local/share/wireshark/profiles/" already have some
folders in it like Bluetooth and Classic. Even if I try to load them
with -C, it won't load.
tshark -C Classic
tshark: Configuration Profile "Classic" does not exist
Can someone help? I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Those are some sample profiles shipped with Wireshark, and not the location
of profiles that Wireshark would look for when you specify the -C option.

For the correct location of the user's profiles directory, run "Wireshark ->
Help -> About Wireshark -> Folders -> Personal configuration"

By the way, why do you need a separate profile for this?  Why can't you just
use the default profile and create the 80211_keys file directly in the
profiles/ directory instead of creating a separate profile and have to
specify the -C option at all?