Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: export controlled EAR vs ITAR

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:49:19 -0400

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Sponaugle, Cindy J
<cindy.j.sponaugle () boeing com> wrote:
is the source code for Wireshark considered to be EAR regarding export
controlled information?  We are wanting to classify our software and we have
some source code developed using Wireshark.  If we send this to a foreign
country, it would include our source code as well as Wireshark source code.

Thanks

Wireshark's export status is documented at https://www.wireshark.org/export.html

Best,
Evan