Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] master 1194061: clear the temporary components of usb_conv_info_t before we dissect a new packet

From: Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:36:35 +0200

Frankly, conversation structures shouldn't have per-packet data in
them at all; this was probably the easiest way to fix the fuzz
failure, but it really seems odd to me that it even needs to be done.

Thoughts?

True. Per-packet data shouldn't be part of the conversation struct. I'm
working step by step to refactor the USB dissectors, this will be
addressed at some point (as time permits).