Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Cmake qt build

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:10:35 -0700

On 8/27/14 2:28 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 08/27/14 16:57, Evan Huus wrote:
On master, cmake seems to still be building "wireshark" for gtk and
"qtshark" for qt. Should that be "wireshark" for qt and
"wireshark-gtk" or "wireshark-legacy" for gtk?

+1. Unfortunately each time I make a change in that direction it seems
like someone complains. :)

Or "wireshark" for gtk and "wireshark-qt" for qt (like autofoo)?

We've been telling users that the main executable is named "wireshark"
for the past 8 years. Is there a compelling reason to tell them that
it's now named "wireshark-qt"?

(Note: changing the autofoo names would also require updating at least
the RPM generation stuff.)

We need to update test/suite-capture.sh and test/clopts.sh as well.