Wireshark mailing list archives

Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:01:58 +0000

I have mostly got the rework to the Developers Guide ready to update it to
use VS2013 Community Edition.  The question is how far do I go in removing
old stuff?

I've already removed anything from earlier than VS2010, but I'm thinking we
should also drop that, although as the 12.x builds are produced using 2010
there may be some point to leaving it in.

I'm also inclined to drop the verbiage about the legality of using MSVC to
build Wireshark, i.e. vs GPL.  IMHO this was all nonsense in the first
place.

Any thoughts?  My changes will be posted to Gerrit shortly for your perusal.

--
Graham Bloice