Wireshark mailing list archives

Adding spandsp library to wireshark

From: koundinya poluri <koundi.poluri () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 18:41:22 +0530

Hi,
     I am working on rtp stream capture in wireshark. I tried playing G722
codec rtp stream and cant hear any audio using the RTP player.

I have installed libspandsp-dev on my linux machine.Still there seems to be
a problem as i cant hear any audio for G722 codec.G711a and G711u  both
work fine.It would be very helpful if someone can help me out.
I have gone through the link
https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=5792&action=diff and
made the changes mentioned but i still have problem compiling wireshark.

First i got error saying invalid application of 'sizeof' of  incomplete
type 'g722_decode_state_t'.So i changed some things in
/usr/include/spandsp/g722.h file and included
/usr/include/spandsp/private/g722.h and made it work,now wireshark compiles
but i get a segmentation fault in libspandsp.so.2.

It would be great if someone can help me or point me in the right
direction.Thanks in advance

Regards,
koundinya