Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: setcap for CMake install under Linux

From: Bálint Réczey <balint () balintreczey hu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 02:10:49 +0100

2014/1/13 Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>:

On Jan 12, 2014, at 2:23 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

It allows the compilation with capabilities (that's what I use), but right now
the installation process has neither suid nor setcap support.
Does it really make sense to add this? If so, I can do so tomorrow.

I think it'd make sense to support them.

(It should probably also support making Debian packages, RPMs, OS X dmgs, etc. to at least the same extent that
autotools does, as well as supporting making Windows NSIS packages.)
IMO it does not have to support Debian packages.
The best practice (and Debian's policy) is calling CMake from
debian/rules, not the other way around.

Cheers,
Balint