Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Discover network topology

From: Matt Bellizzi <mbellizzi () IMPRIVATA com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 02:16:06 +0000

If your switches support CDP protocol you can take a look at netdisco

On 1/28/14 1:46 PM, "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl> wrote:

Hi Ivica,

Go check out NMAP at http://nmap.org/
They mapped out the WWW, so that should give you an idea of what it can
do ;) .

Thanks,
Jaap

On 01/26/2014 02:03 AM, Ивица Соколовски wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, is it possible to discover the
network
topology (router, DHCP server, DNS server, network nodes etc.)? If yes,
I would
appreciate if I get some help on this, since I am a newbie interested in
networking. Pointing out some reference would also work.

Thank you in advance.

Ivica