Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Quick start instructions for Gerrit

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 00:23:31 -0800

On Jan 31, 2014, at 12:17 AM, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com> wrote:

2. You may work on various parts of the source at the same time, e.g.
changing an interface for the UI and therefore adding changes to gtk,
qt and tshark at the same time. For this you add a branch for the
underlying change, and each individual change is handled in different
branches. If you need to change the underlying interface, you switch
back to the if branch

Actually, if I'm working on various parts of the source at the same time, because I have more than one project in
progress, I have multiple separate trees, so there's nothing to switch.  (There are, I guess, people out there who
actually *like* tabbed browsing, too, but if there were a UI option in Safari to *disable* the creation of new tabs,
I'd set that option to "disable tabs"....)

But if I'm changing an interface for the UI, I'll change all three UIs at once.