Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: Storing Generated Code in Git [Was: master 9079e3a: Cheat and try to fix the generated file manually.]

From: Bálint Réczey <balint () balintreczey hu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:42:38 +0200

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 09:17:32PM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
So perhaps what we should do is:

        not check generated code into Git;
+1

        put all generated code into the source tarballs.

+2
How about releasing two tarballs, one with and one without the generated files?
We could count the downloads.

Cheers,
Balint

Presumably we should rebuild all the DCERPC files as well at buildtime
then?

YEs, once we have a version in our source that is actually capable of doing that.
It doesn't build all files for me.

If that's possible, yes. I don't actually know how to generate them, so I
don't know how fast and/or cross-platform it is.

See epan/dissectors/pidl/README on how to do that in tree (in theory).

Ciao
   Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>